Microbiological Culture Media
There are many different types of media that can be used to grow specific microbes, and even promote microorganisms, testing the antibiotic sensitivities, analysis of water and food, industrial microbiology, and other activities.
A medium is used to select and growing specific microorganisms or to help identifying a particular species. In these cases, the function of the medium also depends on its composition. In addition to nutrients necessary for the growth of all bacteria, special-purpose media contain one or more chemical compounds that are essential for their functional specificity. These include Selective, Differential and Enriched Media.
Installations, Maintenance and Training on Use of Equipment
Detox International Laboratories shall do the following:-
- Assist in managing the procurement, installation, proper usage, and maintenance of Teaching/Research and Service Equipment.
- Provision of appropriate Technical Support Services on various aspects of scientific equipment applications and development.
- Initiating appropriate programmes (Seminars, Workshop etc.) that would lead to the development of a maintenance culture.
- Providing participants with basic knowledge of the principal laboratory equipment, its routine operation and the maintenance necessary to ensure high-quality results, safe work and longer equipment life.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe briefly the operating characteristics of biological safety cabinets, centrifuges, autoclaves, pH meters, and incubators;
- Correctly use biological safety cabinets, centrifuges, autoclaves, pH meters, and incubators;
- Describe the main maintenance operations for biological safety cabinets, centrifuges, autoclaves, pH meters, and incubators.